Director of Distribution Operations and Logistics
Director of Distribution Operations and Logistics - Full Time
The Feed provides athletes with the widest selection of active nutrition and healthy snacks on the market today. We use science, our experience, and advice from athletes to give our customers personalized recommendations for better nutrition. Our e-commerce platform allows customers to learn about nutrition and then build a custom box that works for their own fueling and recovery needs.
We’re looking for a Director of Distribution Operations and Logistics to oversee all warehouse operations, logistics, staffing and management of key KPIs around order shipment time, labor cost per order and shipping costs. The Director of Distribution Operations will be responsible for overseeing operations of 1500-3000 orders per day.
This is a chance to be part of a growing company in an amazing industry.
The position is onsite at our Broomfield, Colorado office.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily plan to exceed expectations for productivity and accuracy
- Oversee warehouse operations including: staffing and scheduling, timeliness of shipments, and managing costs
- Maintain a safe environment for team members in accordance with company policies and health and safety regulations; accountable for providing a safe work environment, elimination of accidents, and the security of distribution center facility and team members while on property
- Create and maintain best practices in receiving and inventory management; minimizing out of stock product and waste; flow of inventory from inbound receiving to outbound shipping
- Evaluate overall operations and develop short and long-term goals to meet organizational objectives
- Focus on continuous improvement and make decisions about enhancing value, service and effectiveness, and profitability
- Direct and oversee programs to ensure safety for all associates, equipment and property
- Ensure compliance with all company, customer and government regulatory requirements
- Directly manage budget and P&L for operations
- Develop work plans ensuring appropriate staffing levels, managing labor costs, overtime, and retention
- Experience running distribution operations with a minimum of 3,000 order per day – 5,000 orders per day preferred
- 5+ years’ experience managing a distribution center
- Experience leading a warehouse team including hiring, training, and motivating
- Experience at a third-party logistics provider
- $80,000 - $120,000 per year based on experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee discount
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At The Feed, we know that athletes come from all different backgrounds, and we are here to support them by having a diverse team. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.